This article will give you a good look into the world of dental implants. This will educate you on the different aspects and facts about them which may be useful if you are considering going with one in order to replace a missing tooth in your mouth.
Dental implants are the closest thing you can get to real teeth – While you have some other options for replacing a missing tooth, such as a partial denture or a dental bridge, nothing is going to be as close to an actual tooth as a dental implant will be. This is all do to how it is implanted in the mouth and designed.
- The implant has an end fused directly to the jawbone
- The implant has a crown designed to look and feel like your other teeth
- The implant becomes a permanent fixture
Dental implants prevent changes in the appearance of your face – If you are missing some teeth then it can cause changes in your appearance and it can even lead to deterioration of certain bones, making your mouth weaker. Your face can look like it is disfigured and your face can even look as if it is sagging, which can leave you looking like you are sad or even older than you really are.
- Your smile will include a full set of teeth
- Your lips won't shape inward
- Your cheeks will look fuller and healthier
Dental implants give you more freedom with what you eat – When you don't replace missing teeth some foods can be very hard to eat, especially if you are missing quite a few teeth. Dentures can help make it easier to eat, but you will have quite a list of things you shouldn't eat when you are wearing them.
- You can continue your normal diet once you heal
- You can still stain implants, so be careful
- You will feel natural when biting and chewing
Dental implants will allow you to speak normally – When you are missing teeth it can affect the way you talk. Also, when you choose to go with dentures, you will speak better, but you still won't speak exactly how you did with all your teeth. With dental implants, you will be able to pronounce all your words just how you did when you had your natural set of teeth.
- You will sound normal as soon as you heal from having the implant put in
- You won't have to practice any words
- You won't have to worry about anything falling out like dentures
Contact a clinic, like Plymouth Valley Dental Group , for more help.